All property offered and sold through Westport Auction shall be offered and sold on the terms and conditions below. By bidding at the auction, whether present in person or by agent, by written bid, telephone, internet or other means, the buyer agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. All items are sold as-is. All sales are final. No returns. No refunds. No exceptions.
2. Online bidders on LiveAuctioneers and Invaluable are subject to a 28% buyer's premium with a discount of 3% for cash, good check, or bank wire transfer. A 23% buyer's premium will be added to the hammer price of each lot sold to the floor, phone bidders, and Westport Auction's bidding platform with a discount of 3% for cash, good check, or bank wire transfer.
3. All purchases are subject to a Connecticut State sales tax of 6.35% unless (1) the buyer is an out of state resident and lots are being shipped out of Connecticut or (2) the purchaser has a valid tax resale certificate (an actual resale certificate must be presented and on file with Westport Auction) .
4. Bidder gives Westport Auction permission to charge the credit card supplied at the time of registration, if payment is not made within 10 business days or the auction's specific payment time frame.
5. Payment methods accepted: A. Cash (in house only) B. Credit card payment will be accepted for invoice amounts under $4,999.99. All payments over $4,999.99 MUST be made via other accepted methods. We do not accept international credit card payments. All gold and silver purchases must be paid for via guaranteed funds (i.e. cash, certified bank check, or bank wire). We will not accept credit card payments for gold or silver. Credit cards from North America accepted: American Express, MasterCard, Visa, & Discover. Credit card transactions are subject to a 3 percent convenience fee. C. Bank Wire Transfer (all international payments of any amount and payments for invoices over $4,999.99), Money order, certified check, approved personal or business check with proper identification. We reserve the right to hold item(s) until checks are clear. International wire transfer invoices are subject to a $50 bank fee.
6. All items are sold as-is, where-is. We do our best to describe the items; our descriptions are no way to be interpreted as a guarantee of any kind as to authenticity, age, condition and materials. Shipping and insurance are the responsibility of the purchaser. Please contact us for an in-house shipping quote for select smaller items that can be shipped to the Continental USA. Purchases are not contingent upon shipping costs. You must be aware of the shipping costs before you bid on an item. We provide a list of suggested shippers as a courtesy.
7. All items are sold to the highest bidder by the auctioneer. The auctioneer has the right to not accept any bid. Bidding may be reopened at the discretion of the auctioneer. The auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any item and to reoffer the item at another time.
8. USA and international buyers should be aware that certain countries or states do not allow the importation of items containing materials made from endangered species. This includes, but not limited to ivory, coral, and tortoise shell. It is the buyer's responsibility to check with relevant import and customs regulations prior to bidding.
9. All items purchased from Westport Auction must be paid in full within 10 days after the auction date unless otherwise stated (sooner for most on-site sales) . All bidders will have a dispute placed on their account and will be blocked from bidding with us if payment is not made within the designated payment period. The dispute will be removed only once the payment is received. The credit card supplied at the time of registration may be charged if payment is not made within 10 business days or the auction's specific payment time frame. All items purchased from Westport Auction must be removed within 10 days after the auction date or within the specific time window. Items left after the pickup window will incur a $10/day storage fee per item. After 30 days items in our possession will be considered abandoned without refund.
10. All items not being picked up at the sale's advertised pick-up location can be shipped by us or any company from our suggested list of shippers. Buyers must contact us or the shipping company directly after the auction to arrange shipment and payment for shipping. We require a written emailed release in order to have items ready for pickup. Pickup is by appointment only.
11. Buyers will have 15 days after the auction date to contact Westport Auction if there is a misrepresentation of an item. Westport Auction will not be responsible for any items after 15 days from the auction date.
12. Any damage that occurred during shipping is the responsibility of the shipper. All items must be signed off on by the shipper before leaving our facilities confirming condition is as stated in the catalog.